Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More DOCTOR WHO sayings.........and stuff.

New Earth :

The Doctor: So, the year five billion, the sun expands, the earth gets roasted.
Rose: That was our first date.
The Doctor: We had chips. [Rose chuckles] So anyway, planet gone. All rocks and dust, but the human race lives on spread out across the stars. Soon as the earth burns up, ooh they get all nostalgic, big revival movement. So they find this place. Same size as the earth. Same air, same orbit. Lovely. All those outer humans move in.
Rose: What's the city called?
The Doctor: New New York.
Rose: Oh, come on.
The Doctor: It is! It's the city of New New York! Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original, so that makes it New New-New-New-New New-New-New-New-New New-New-New-New-New New York.
[Rose laughs]
The Doctor: What?
Rose: You're so different.
The Doctor: New-New Doctor.

.......................................................................................................................................................................
Tooth and Claw

The Doctor: I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to... [notices guards pointing guns at him] ...my thumb...
[Having intended to land in 1979, the Doctor and Rose find themselves in 1879, surrounded by armed soldiers]
The Doctor: 1879... same difference.
Captain Reynolds: You will explain your presence... and the nakedness of this girl.
The Doctor: [in Tennant's own Scottish accent] Are we in Scotland?
Captain Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
The Doctor: Oh, I'm- I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Ain't that right, ya.... tim'rous beastie?
Rose: Uh- uh.... [adopting a terrible Scottish accent] och aye, I've been oot and aboot-
The Doctor: [quietly to Rose, in his normal accent] No, don't do that.
Rose: Hoots, mon!
The Doctor: [still quiet] No, really don't. Really.

......................................................................................................................................................................

The Doctor: [in Tennant's own Scottish accent] I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of, er.... Balamory.

.....................................................................................................................................................................


Rose: I want her to say "we are not amused". I bet you five quid I can make her say it.
The Doctor: Well, if I gambled on that, it would be an abuse of my privilege as a traveller in time.
Rose: Ten quid?
The Doctor: Done.

........................................................................................................................................................................

The Doctor: She's a feral child. I bought her for sixpence in Old London Towne. It was her or the Elephant Man.
Rose: Thinks he funny, but I'm so not amused. What do you think, ma'am?

......................................................................................................................................................................

Rose: What do we do?
The Doctor: We run.
Rose: What, is that it?
The Doctor: Got any silver bullets?
Rose: Not on me, no.
The Doctor: There you are then, we run. [to Queen Victoria] Your Majesty, as a doctor, I suggest a vigorous jog; good for the health!

.......................................................................................................................................................................


Queen Victoria: By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Sir Doctor of TARDIS. By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Dame Rose of the Powell Estate.
........................................................................................................................................................................
Queen Victoria: And you may think on this, also. That I am not amused!
Rose: [as the Doctor admits defeat] Yes!
......................................................................................................................................................................

Queen Victoria: ... and if this Doctor should return, then he should beware, because Torchwood will be waiting!

........................................................................................................................................................................
School Reunion


The Doctor: [posing as a teacher, introducing himself to class] So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics... I hope you're getting all this down!
......................................................................................................................................................................
The Doctor: Correctamundo! A word I've never used before, and hopefully never will again.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

The Doctor: [Talking about the school children] It's all very calm around here. I thought they'd all be happy-slappy hoodies. Happy-slappy hoodies with ASBOs. Happy-slappy hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones... Oh yeah, don't tell me I don't fit in.

...................................................................................................................................................................

[After Mickey screams when finding a cupboard full of shrink-wrapped rats]
The Doctor: And you decided to scream?
Mickey: It took me by surprise!
The Doctor: Like a little girl?
Mickey: It was dark! I was covered in rats!
The Doctor: Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails, frilly skirt-
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Sarah: I saw things you wouldn't believe!
Rose: Try me.
Sarah: Mummies.
Rose: I've met ghosts.
Sarah: Robots. Lots of robots.
Rose: Slitheen. In Downing Street.
Sarah: Daleks!
Rose: [smugly] Met the Emperor.
Sarah: Anti-matter monsters!
Rose: Gas-mask zombies!
Sarah: Real living dinosaurs!
Rose: Real living werewolf!
Sarah: The. Loch Ness. Monster!
[beat]
Rose: [impressed] Seriously?
........................................................................................................................................................................

Rose: With you, did he do that thing where he'd explain something at, like, ninety miles per hour, and you'd go "What?" and he'd look at you like you'd just dribbled on your shirt?
Sarah: All the time! Does he still stroke bits of the TARDIS?
Rose: Yeah! Yeah, he does! I'm like, "Do you two wanna be alone?"
[Both laugh as the Doctor enters]
The Doctor: How's it going?
[Rose and Sarah laugh hysterically]
The Doctor: What? Listen, I need to find out what's programmed inside these-
[Rose and Sarah are still laughing]
The Doctor: What?
[Rose and Sarah are falling over laughing]
The Doctor: Stop it!
.......................................................................................................................................................................

No comments: